This entry is a user-made guide and not verified by any eMule developer, but is still a helpfull addition for most users. You you can find questions and comments on this topic in a dedicated thread on our forum.
To get a reliable server list free of fake ones, you can follow these steps
- Go to Options/Security
- Select Filter servers too
- In Update from URL, type:
- Click on Load.
- Go to Options/Server
- Set number of errors allowed before removing the server to 9
- Click List button that appears next to the option Auto update
- In Notepad, that is opened, write this line and remove all others if exists:
- Save changes in notepad
- Untick the options to update list of servers when connecting to new server and new client
- Click on Accept
- Go to servers window
- Remove all servers from static list
- Remove all servers from list
- In Update Server.met from URL, type the same URL you did in point #8
- Click on Update button
- If you have selected Autoconnect only to servers on static list add the servers you want to static list
- Double click on any server
If you are getting the list by first time, not having servers in your list, you can, obviously, avoid step #13 and 14.
If you don't want emule to reload list at startup, you can also avoid steps #7 to 9, but not harm in doing them anyway.
From time to time, when the file is updated, you should have to load ipfilter, steps #3 and 4. And every time you want you can also clean and reload server list steps #13 to 16